Seriously.... change your algorithmes

So you lost 240 hands. You are a bad poker player. So many players are just an all-in every hand types - I’m a retired mathematician and computer scientist and have played for 6 years and have never had to buy chips. I’m currently sitting with nearly 90,000,000 chips but I’m still not winning loads of games because I use Poker math to play and that doesn’t help me with the non math aspect of the game. Lady Luck will always have you if you don’t play tight. Real money poker is worse as losing really money hurts more than losing your fake poker chips. It makes people take risks that they would never take if they were playing poker with their own money.

1 Like

Poker is a game of chance using cards to play against people.
Both Ivey and Negreanu didn’t win a WSOP tournament in 2022. Both of them realize that losing is a part of poker.

1 Like

It’s just chance. The game is not programming anyone to win or lose. In the short term Good decisions lose plenty and bad decisions win plenty. Over the long haul people who make better decisions WILL be ahead of those who make worse.

Short term it can be streaky. You can play perfectly for hundreds of hands and come out behind. That’s just poker. If you find yourself on the bad end of a rough patch just play something else and come back later. Frustration does not lead to good decision making.

2 Likes

Now hold on there partner, just you reign in them thar horses ‘n settle yur’ little cowboy boots down a bit ‘for you go jumpin’ up onna conclusion like that, don’t ya know. 'Cuz if I aint’s crazy it shor’in tarnation seems like rank levels, ‘specially low ones, be affectin’ some outcomes uhhuh. Sometimes it seem a new player go all in with a 3-8 off suit 'gainst pocket aces an sure ‘nuf he can do it ten times an win. It’s a gull-dern puzzlin’ thing 'ta see don’tcha know. What fer 'n why come is anyone’s guess but a lotta ya’ll think it ain’t be like that but it do. No cap dat fr dawg n bussin fr fr feel me?

Yep. I smell what you’re stepping in.

2 Likes

Yo wen dat algorithms sez done puts u onna lose’in streak tilt game ain a dam thing u can do but be chairman of the bored, an boring it be jus crap for 2 hours wen finally dealt ace high flush only ta lose to level 12 player who went all in with his pair of 5s den pulls a straight flush onna river. Happens all da time n dat be Y dis game git so much flak. Poker players be all yo wut! dis sh*t whack gimmie sumz real poker yo butt prominence be like, ha psych bite dat sukka! But wen u got dat hot seat ya’ll be fergitten da lose’in streak real quick like sayin’ 'bout dem gettin da bad beats, been there. Word no cap fr fr.

Luck plus skill equals poker. Anybody can try to sell their hand like they’ve got rockets but it doesn’t matter if it’s a live cash game or simply a video game for fake money, sometimes a 3 8 off suit is gonna end up catching a lucky break. I dealt poker for several years and you’d be surprised the things I’ve seen. It’s all about how you play your hand, what’s on the board, and the confidence to know what you can beat. Do I think the number of high hands that turn up in this particular game itself are a little excessive? Absolutely, but what can you do ¯(°_o)/¯ it’s a game! I’ll also point out that just because I’m aware how to play the game, that doesn’t mean my luck is any better.

On that note, does anybody want to sell me about 10M chips? I’ll gladly pay for them but not Prominence’s ridiculous prices!

Luck + Skill = Poker

Pocket aces chances are 220:1 of getting them. However pocket aces are just the highest single pair and only win 64% of the time. So many other hands beat AA. They are the highest single pair but not a huge guarantee for the outright winner. That’s poker math.

1 Like

yo dis ain’t be Poker dis be bad beat pokeher with side o noob tilt no cap not bussin fr yo.

1 Like

I have a decent amount of experience playing pokerstars microstakes. I’m not a veteran but Ive played a lot of normal poker. The RNG in prominence poker is whacky. To put it it bluntly, there’s too large a frequency of flushes and full houses to other hands at showdown.