If you are rated 1000 or higher - DO NOT play at prominence

So I’ve been playing here a while. Diamond every month for years. Then I topped 1000 rating and everything changed.
For the past 6 months, every tourny I’ve played in has ended with me taking some ridiculously low percentage bad beat. Every one. This is not an exaggeration.

These beats come in various forms.

1. The 3 card out on the river.
  2. The 2 card out on the river.
  3. The gutted straight on the river.
  4. The filled flush on the river.
    And my personal favorite…
  5. The runner runner out of nowhere full house.

In their zeal to keep low rankers engaged and on site, they swerved waaaay too far in the other direction.
Not only do the low rankers get tons of good hands to the few for the high rankers, they included the insanely high percentage of suck outs.

Here is where some mod will reply with suckout percentages and blah blah blah. Don’t believe it. I know what I’ve seen. Every high ranker does.

So if you are high ranked you have 3 options:

1. Bend over and take the pain.
  2. Create a new login and start from scratch.
  3. Find another poker site that has the tiniest bit of respect for their loyal players.

Choose wisely.

Your buddy,
Smell My Finger18

5 Likes

Suspicions

Thanks for your post, I’ve been wondering why weird things have been happening since the last update.

1 Like

I dont even pay attention to those stupid level numbers cuz who care most of its players buying boost… Bwhahaha. Level numbers are like age numbers… Sometimes the older numbers think they are so wise. Yet the young number is fresh and upto date on new skills… Lmfao… Who cares about the levels… I have two accounts one is level o think 400ish and i still win or lose on higher level players… Just because they level number is higher does not mean they are more skilled. Just saying. Ive aeen high levels make atupid calls too just to push and end up losing and start complaining about it all being rigged. Jmo

3 Likes

Hmmm sounds like you’re a little bitter towards others players.
Maybe you should look and your own ability and attempt to better it rather than blaming the game on some conspiracy :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

In the beginning, there was a bug that rewarded level numbers at an alarming rate.
It’s just a fun way to earn stuff, not a way to identify skill.

3 Likes

troll

[trōl]

VERB

trolling (present participle)

1. make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    Good try Joe

Heres a unique idea you dont like the game its free go to one that you enjoy just a suggestion i have fun playing it not perfect by any means but not enough to rant about lol

1 Like

Can anyone comprehend English or are people too reactive to read a paragraph?

To reiterate:
Prominence Poker environment spectacular, savory, exciting, and currently unrivaled.

Prominence Poker dealing algorithm set up as Bad Beat Poker; resulting in consistent complaint reports on Xbox game rating.

This last contribution, “iz fREEE so luv it as iz n dunt kumplane or get out” isn’t helping anything. Plus stop being cheap if you like the game and buy a new outfit to support the game team okay :ok_hand: :+1::+1::+1:

Bad Beats

Bad Beats: Master Them and Use It For Your Advantage - CoinPoker.

1 Like

The article you linked to was the first interesting post I’ve read from you, John; so thanks for trying.

Unfortunately that article title was misleading and should have been titled “How To Increase Your Odds Of Winning Bad Beat Jackpots”, as it used the first half to explain what a bad beat is and the last half talking about bad beat jackpots.

And now there is an EXCELLENT IDEA for PP, adding a substantial bad beat jackpot per season is such a spectacular suggestion for this particular game I’m now you’re friend for leading me to the perfect solution to this issue.

MODS bring this to the attention of the team ASAP!!

Joe, here’s the farmer part.
In 1955, when I was 15, my farther moved his family to a dairy farm in the Boise valley of SW Idaho. I stayed to help him until 1969.

During the 60’s I belonged to a motorcycle group who hill climbed and cross-country dirt- rode 650cc English bikes. As there were two Johns, I was called ‘Farmer John’.
The 40 represents the year I was born, 1940.

Have a great day

2 Likes

I’d love to see bad beat jackpots in the game! Great suggestion.

3 Likes

https://www.onlinepoker.org/bad-beats/

1 Like

Do you have any hard evidence that there are shenanigans happening behind the scenes, or is it just your gut feeling?

This reminds me of how common it is in, for example, collectible card games (such as MtG) for way too many people to think that an online version is somehow bad because they get “too many” bad opening hands (eg. too many or too few lands, too many times). Some may even get the feeling that in real life games if they get too many bad hands that they aren’t “shuffling enough” their decks (and then spend inordinate amounts of time shuffling their decks well beyond all mathematically arguable extents.)

In some ways perhaps a bit ironically when decks are shuffled with proper randomness it’s to be expected to get bad hands and bad beats a significant number of times. It would actually be suspicious if the bad hands were rarer than they should.

People tend to have a lot of confirmation and selection bias: We tend to remember the bad hands and forget about the “normal” hands, and for this reason we easily get the feeling that the bad hands were much more numerous than they actually were. One could think that eg. every third hand was a really bad beat… when in fact it was just every tenth or so. Selection bias can be really strong sometimes.

You also have to take into account that when people play with pretend money rather than real money, they tend to play quite differently. There will inevitably be quite drastic differences in playstyle between a poker server that only has pretend money than one where people play with their own real money. When the money isn’t real, many people will play with complete disregard and recklessness. They may do all-ins on extremely bad hands just because they are bored, or because they just want to test their luck. After all, they don’t have anything to lose by doing so. At least not any real money.

Thus, in pretend-money land you’ll encounter significantly more often those noobs that do an all-in with a 72 off-suit and end up winning the round, than you do in real-money land, because people don’t do that in the latter. It would happen the same in the latter if people did that there, but they don’t, and that’s why you don’t see it there so often. This gives the false illusion that there’s something different about PP than other servers (or real-life games). The difference is not in the game, but in the people and their behavior.

2 Likes

I elected to make Joe my friend , and as such when I display my results in the leaderboard and by selecting ‘Y’ I can compare m totals with Joe’s.
Last month Joe’s final rank was diamond and he earned 4.3 million in chips. Indeed, he was 64th on the bankroll leaderboard.

Hmmm, I certainly got upset losing every hand for 2 months straight but I’ve entirely changed my opinion and rating of the game, it’s really great.

I just found this old post. You’d have to be really really not paying attention to what’s happening around you to fail to see this game is obviously rigged in several ways.

1: the Golden goose syndrome. I’ve been in more than 1 tournament where 1 player will get 85 to 90 percent of the winning hands. Not saying that couldn’t happen to a player in real life once, but to have it happen over and over again? No effing way. Real poker doesn’t happen like that. JUST FOR THE RECORD I’VE BEEN THE GOLDEN GOOSE IN SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS AND BEAT EVERYONE AT THE TABLE. Doesn’t make it right just because I benefited.

2: An unnatural number of flushes, full houses, etc. Those are RARE in real poker, under 5 percent I think, but on Prominence it isn’t unusual to see 5 and six flushes and or full houses before we’ve even gotten to the $1000 blinds.

Another rigging example is during some events. We recently had the Valentines event and quads at the Renegade were one way to win. Suddenly at the Renegade trips and pocket pairs skyrocketed.

1 Like

Video games are designed to be played as entertainment, not reality.

No frigging duh. How long did you have to think on that one?

Nothing exciting is happening at the moment…?