No "going all in" before the turn

I’m one of many people who play this game several days a week for several hours. However we are also under the belief that it takes away from the seriously dedicated players when the noobs come into a room and go all in before the turn happens (first three cards are dealt)
I think it needs to not be an option until after the turn has occurred, otherwise it just folds good players off the table and sometimes out of the room

So the first 3 cards are the flop. When the 4th card is flipped its the turn. Last card is the river. So you are saying if I get AA I should let you see the flop to see if you can flop 2 pair or a flush because thats how you like to play? If I dont go all in pre flop with my AA you might call my raise with your 10 2 off and crack my aces. Would this not be rewriting the whole game. This game is modeled after a real poker game you cant just rewrite it.

3 Likes

I understand what you are saying but it is part of the game…you can’t just change to rules of poker imo. These things will happen when you play with credits instead of real money.

Actually when you play real money poker they play like this even more often than in Prominence, consider yourself lucky this doesn’t happen every single hand like it does in real money games.

1 Like

I don’t know what Texas Holdem you been playing but the first three cards are the turn, the the flop, then the river brother. Google it in case you are confused, which clearly you are

I used Microsoft’s search engine Bing., and copied and pasted the following.

The Flop: the first three community cards.

• The Turn: the fourth community card.
  • **The River:**The fifth and final community card.

I disagree. I also play regularly and have fun with going ‘All-in’ before the ‘Turn’. I win a lot of hands that way, while also losing just as many. It is particularly interesting when playing ‘Head to Head’ on a 100 Buy-in. A lot of high level players like to go All-in before the Flop in the 100. I don’t mind this because you can REP up a lot faster by doing this. Sorry for your troubles.

A clever way to avoid a bad-beats.
1 Like

From Google:
The stages consist of a series of three cards (“the flop”), later an additional single card (“the turn” or “fourth street”), and a final card (“the river” or “fifth street”) . Each player seeks the best five-card poker hand from any combination of the seven cards: the five community cards and their two hole cards.